Quick Recipe for Tasty Guacamole Dip : More than a dip for your chip
Guacamole is a dish of mashed avocado mixed with chopped onion, tomatoes, chili peppers, and seasoning.
Avocado is from Mexico and so is the Guacamole dip.The name is derived from two Aztec Nahuatl words—ahuacatl (avocado) and molli(sauce).Whether you are looking for appetizer ideas for an upcoming get-together or you need a quick snack to bring to a tailgate party, this quick and easy avocado dip is just perfect for any occasion.
I was a stranger to this “superfood” fruit called avocado unless I got a chance to stay in Mexico city for a while. The South American continent, the country Mexico ,the native language Espanol, the Mexican culture and cuisine was all new to me. While exploring the vegetarian options in different eating joints and restaurants near my work place, I discovered the great tortilla wraps with guacamole spread ,beans, rice and some other veggies. Since then, it became a favorite.
Apart from being delicious, avocado is Incredibly Nutritious. Avocado is Loaded With Heart-Healthy Monounsaturated Fatty Acids. Avocados Are Loaded With Fiber. Eating Avocados Can Lower Cholesterol and Triglyceride Levels. Avocados Are Loaded With Powerful Antioxidants that can protect the eyes.
Various amazing ways how I use this refreshing and healthy dip in my kitchen are:
- As a quick and healthy spread on my toast.
- A dollop of Guacamole is always great with my veggie delight patties and fritters.
- Guaca as a creamy dressing to my salad is another interesting way to consume it.
- Tastes great inside my breakfast sandwiches too.
- Using as a spread in my burrito recipes(Check the Garden Fresco Burrito recipe) along with other veggies and salsa is another favorite option of mine.
- I haven’t escaped from trying this gorgeous green Mexican dip to go with Mediterranean Falafal. Fusions always add a spark to the taste.
- I have also tried to replace Pesto with Guacamole in my Tortilla Pinwheels recipe. It tastes awesome.
- I think Guacamole as a pizza spread would also be a successful experiment which I am yet to try.
- How about making sphagetti with this Avocado dip rathar than marinara sauce? Another fusion recipe to try out may be.
It’s Simply a quick recipe for tasty guacamole! Great to accompany with tortilla chips or as a topping for Mexican foods!
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 ripe tomato
2 chilli peppers finely chopped (or as per hotness needed)
chopped 1 lime juiced
salt and pepper to tasteMethods:
- Peel and mash avocados in a medium serving bowl.
- Stir in onion, garlic, tomato, chilli peppers,lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Season with remaining lime juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill for half an hour to blend flavors. A trick is to put a plastic wrap that touches the guacamole so it doesn’t brown because of contact with air.
- Serve with tortilla chips or spicy wedges and sour cream.
Pleazzzz don’t forget to share it on your social media with friends and family in case you enjoyed reading my blog. After all, “Sharing is Caring”.
Eat healthy, exercise well and stay tuned for more recipes. Don’t forget to follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest and please click the follow button to keep receiving the updates on my new blogs and it’s free.