Watermelon Pink Lemonade Cooler -Celebrate Summer and Stay Cool with Icy Pink Cooler Drink!
The first weekend of kids’ summer break and the father’s day falling on the same day called for a special refreshing treat. Lucky are the dads whose kids made efforts to make them feel special on this day. My husband sensed that “being lucky” feeling when our 6 years old daughter expressed her interest in preparing an exclusive summer treat for him.
She insisted me to give her directions and let her prepare this Watermelon Pink Lemonade Cooler for him. I didn’t want to break her heart by not allowing but at the same time she is very young to do all this stuff right now. So, I decided that I would prepare the Watermelon Lime Drink and she could help me in the process. She was very enthusiastic about making this Father’s day very special.
According to her, dad works very hard during the weekdays throughout the year. So, a refreshing summer cooler drink would be a great fun idea to relax him of all the worries.
Watermelon is a super fun idea during summers. Be it the barbeque treat at your backyard, summer pool parties, potlucks or picnics, watermelon rocks when it’s in the season.
Fruit is always a great picnic food. Watermelons have become synonymous with summer and picnics. The Picnic Baskets are incomplete without a Watermelon. If the weather is hot, and our ‘Pink Delights’ are in season, there is nothing like a juicy watermelon to gloss the enjoyment at all occasions. Their refreshing quality and sweet taste help to combat the heat and also offer a funky dessert that kids and adults would like to enjoy.
Apart from being a fun food, watermelon have great health benefits.
Despite popular belief that watermelon is made up of only water and sugar, watermelon is actually considered a nutrient dense food, a food that provides a high amount of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants for a low amount of calories. They are rich in Lycopene. Lycopene is a carotenoid phytonutrient that’s especially important for our cardiovascular health, and an increasing number of scientists now believe that lycopene is important for bone health as well.
Consuming watermelon decreases the risk of obesity and overall mortality, diabetes, heart disease and promotes a healthy complexion and hair, increased energy, overall lower weight.
Watermelon and watermelon juice have been shown to reduce muscle soreness and improve recovery time following exercise in athletes.
So, when we combine this nutrient rich fruit with Lemon and Sweet Basil seeds (or Sabja seeds) in our summer cooler drink, the benefits multifold.
Sabja seeds or Basil seeds have boundless health benefits for Hair, Skin and Weight loss. The tiny seeds are great as a coolant and can be used to treat digestion problems, cure constipation, removes skin infection, respiratory disorder, sore throats and stress relief.
So, don’t wait more to get benefitted from such a Super Health Drink. Trust me, your summers are incomplete without the Watermelon fun! Grab a Watermelon today before the season flies off and the fruit disappears from the supermarkets.
Me and my girls would like to dedicate this Watermelon Lemonade Summer cooler to all the Superb Dads in the world. “Happy Father’s Day and a Happy and Cool Sun-kissed Summer!”
Watermelon Pink Lemonade Cooler
yields: 2 LITTERS Watermelon PINK LEMONADE
• 1 cup granulated sugar
• 4-5 cups cold water
• 8 cups cubed watermelon
• ½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
• 2 lemons thinly sliced into wedges
• Few fresh mint leaves
• 1 tsp of Sabja seeds / Basil seeds washed and soaked in ¼ to ½ cup water
Watermelon Pink Lemonade Cooler
- Wash the Basil seeds multiple times and drain them in a coffee filter.
- Soak them in just enough water for about ½ an hour. Keep it aside. They would be puffed once soaked.
- Combine the sugar with 1 cup water in a small sauce pot. Bring the mixture to a gentle boil and simmer for about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and place in the fridge to cool into a heat safe glass.
- Add half the watermelon and 1 cup of water to a blender and puree until smooth. Strain the mixture through a fine mesh strainer set over a large bowl. Discard the watermelon pulp. Again, add the remaining watermelon and another cup water to the blender, puree until smooth. Strain the mixture through a fine mesh strainer set over a large bowl. Discard the watermelon pulp.
- To the large bowl add the remaining 1 cup water, lemon juice and the sugar water from the fridge. Whisk to combine. Taste it once. Adjust sweetness by adding more cold water as per your sweetness level.
- Add the puffed Basil/Sabja seeds to the drink. Pour into glass jugs, add few thinly sliced lemon wedges and fresh mint leaves for an extra refreshing flavor and store in the fridge.
- Before serving, make sure to shake the lemonade up and serve with ice to make it more chilled.
Stay Cool this summer with this Watermelon Lemonade Summer Cooler and make your parties exciting!
Pleazzzz don’t forget to share it on your social media with friends and family in case you enjoyed reading my blog. After all, “Sharing is Caring”.
Eat healthy, exercise well and stay tuned for more recipes. Don’t forget to follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Yummly and Pinterest and please click the follow button to keep receiving the updates on my new blogs and it’s free.