9 Things That Happen to Your Body When You Eat Beet
Beetroot, which is popularly known as BEET has a load of rich nutrients, among which one is nitric oxide – the compound that relaxes and dilates blood vessels, turning them into superhighways for your nutrient-and-oxygen-rich blood.
Beetroot is not only a rich source of essential everyday nutrients like B vitamins, iron, manganese, copper, magnesium, and potassium, but BEET is also a goldmine of health-boosting nutrients that you may not get anywhere else.
So, here are the few benefits to your body if you eat BEET regularly:
Beetroot benefits for skin and hair:
- Beetroot prevents ageing. As beetroot has anti-oxidants present in it which neutralize the harmful effects of free radicals and prevent wrinkles. This will slow down the ageing effects.
- Vitamin C is very effective in reducing pigmentation and blemishes, and evens out the skin tone. Beetroot juice contains a significant amount of Vitamin C. Thus, it helps with discoloration and pigmentation. Beetroot can make your skin smooth as it removes dead cells.
- It is said that hair loss generally happens due to a potassium deficiency. Beetroot is a rich source of potassium, which helps to reduce hair fall.
Beetroot for internal health:
- Beetroot lowers the blood pressure, cleans the blood and prevents cancer. Beetroot juice is a natural blood cleanser that detoxifies the waste toxins from the body and purifies the blood. Beetroot juice is also a powerful tool for cleansing and supporting the liver functions as well.
- Beets contain an antioxidant known as alpha-lipoic acid, which has been a great source to lower glucose levels, increase insulin sensitivity and prevent oxidative stress-induced changes in the diabetic patient.
- One cup of beet pieces delivers about 4 grams of dietary fiber, especially insoluble fiber. They help reduce the risk of constipation, haemorrhoids, and diverticulitis. The betaine is an important nutrient found in beets is also a powerful source to improve digestion.
- Inflammation is usually a sign of your immune system acting up in response to trauma or infection. But the symptoms, which include redness, swelling, and pain, can cause a lot of discomforts. Ingesting beetroot juice in the body reduces inflammation.
Beetroot for weight loss:
- Beetroot helps build muscular mass, boosting for an athletic body. The beetroot taste is described as sweet, earthy and tender to eat. Grown in the ground, it’s said to be the family member of turnips, swedes and sugar beet. Beetroot can increase the oxygen-carrying capacity of the blood. Consuming beetroot increases energy and stamina which will help you with inactiveness and laziness.
- Beetroot juice might serve as a useful strategy to strengthen internal antioxidant defences. It helps to protect cellular components from damage caused by oxidatives. When oxygen molecules are allowed to travel freely, they do some free radical damage which could be stopped with the help of high anti-oxidant foods like a Beet.
These are few of great things that happen to your body when you eat Beet. Go splurge eating it from today itself and feel the noticeable difference with the matter of weeks.
Jerry Mitchall is a freelancer writer and blogger who has a way with words. He likes to write about anything and everything under the sun, but themes like health, fashion, beauty and business interests him more. You can get in touch with him at firstname.lastname@example.org.