The best recipes for hair growth and improvement
Taking care of your hair in the right way will make sure that you can encourage it to not only be healthy, but also give you the right conditions to get it to grow too. So, whether you’re are dealing with low or high hair porosity, dry or greasy hair or other hair types, here are some great homemade products to use to care for your hair.
3 recipes to encourage hair growth
Whilst your hair cannot be forced to grow, taking good care of it can ensure your hair and scalp is in the best condition to encourage growth. Here are 3 ways to care for your hair including recipes for care hair products and meals to help with hair health and growth.
- Make sure you moisturize. This is especially important if you have high hair porosity or are prone to conditions such as dandruff. A great way to moisturize your hair is to use a homemade hair mask. Here’s a great recipe:
- Place 2 tbsp of yoghurt into a bowl.
- Add 1 tbsp of honey to 1 tbsp of olive oil inside a saucepan.
- Gently warm over a low heat. Never let it boil.
- Place your warmed mixture into the bowl and combine with the yoghurt.
- Starting at the ends of your hair and making your way up, apply your mixture to your hair.
- Leave for around 45 minutes before rinsing off.
This should be done at least once a week.
2. Make your own hair spritz. A daily dose of the following caffeine hair spritz recipe is a great way to not only add a healthy boost to your hair, but also encourage it to grow.
- Purchase some powdered caffeine.
- Add one-part powdered caffeine to two-parts water.
- Mix well.
- Add to a spray bottle and use it to spray your hair once a day.
3. Eat the right food. Getting your diet right will not only help your weight, skin and health; but your hair too! Make sure you eat plenty of protein in foods like eggs or nuts, as well as vegetables and leafy greens. Here are a few recipes you could try to add hair boosting ingredients to your diet.
- A hair boosting breakfast: Add some fresh berries and a sprinkle of almonds to a bowl of porridge to not only help your hair but also add fibre, minerals and vitamins.
- A healthy salad: Mix up quinoa, spinach, avocado and boiled eggs to add 4 awesome hair boosting foods to your salad.
- A sweet treat: Make up a fruit pie but be sure to include berries such as raspberries to help hair thickness and fruits like apples for hair growth.