Skinny Chocolate Parfaits
The New Year had just begun. I don’t believe it’s already February 14th! Do you?
With the Detox and Cleanse Soup diet regime in January, it’s almost time for some indulgence! Love is in the Air and so is the craze for chocolates!
With the Valentine’s Day falling on a Sunday this year, I am sure, you must have booked the tables in your favorite restaurants and must be geared up with the flower bouquets, a box of your sweetheart’s favorite chocolate and a gift to show that you care.
Though I think I don’t need a special day to show my loved ones that I care, but there’s something really special about this day. It has its own charm. To me, Valentine’s Day means getting spoiled with the chocolates unconditionally. Yayy, time for a chocolate treat for my loved ones.
So, I am going to spend this special evening at home with my beloved hubby and two adorable daughters who are absolutely the true love in my life. We are going to enjoy a home-made scrumptious dinner. A rich, creamy chocolate treat made with semi-sweet chocolate and fat-free milk layered with a little whipped cream topping, is going to be a perfect ending to our special Valentine dinner.
Valentine’s Day is certainly one of those nights when you can’t stay away from indulging into your favorite chocolates and a sweet treat. Of course, after the detox and cleanse diet therapy we followed in January, we need to be a lil’ bit cautious about calories. So, this sweet treat is going to take care of your calorie-consciousness.
So, with Valentine’s Day just around the corner, if you’re a last minute planner it can be a hectic time. So, try this recipe, save time, save on extra calories, impress your beloved and show that you care.
Skinny Chocolate Parfaits
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup cornstarch
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 cups fat-free milk
2 Tablespoons (1 oz.) semisweet chocolate chips
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups Cool Whip Lite
Fresh raspberries/strawberries/blackberries, optional
- In a medium non-stick saucepan, combine milk, sugar, salt and cornstarch; whisk well and simmer on medium-low heat, whisking constantly until mixture has thickened, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave 20 seconds at a time, up to a minute, stirring in between until the chocolate is melted. Add cocoa to the melted chocolate and mix well. Pour melted chocolate-cocoa mix into the sauce pan , whisk well.
- Add vanilla; simmer on low for 15 minutes, whisking constantly.
- Transfer chocolate pudding to a medium bowl. Cover with plastic wrap, touching the surface pudding so that it doesn’t allow a film to settle on top. Refrigerate for at least two hours or overnight.
- Once pudding is cold, alternate layer the pudding with Cool Whip in individual serving glasses. Top with fresh berries, if desired.
Silky soft homemade chocolate pudding, a lite Cool Whip topping, and fresh berries make these skinny parfaits the perfect Valentine’s Day dessert.
Pleazzzz don’t forget to share it on your social media with friends and family in case you enjoyed reading my blog. After all, “Sharing is Caring”.
Eat healthy, exercise well and stay tuned for more recipes. Don’t forget to follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest and please click the follow button to keep receiving the updates on my new blogs and it’s free.