Last week,I was busy cleaning and organizing my kitchen cabinets as part of my monthly routine. Suddenly,this non-stick sandwich grill by Cuisinart grabbed my attention. I realized that the sandwich grill had been sitting idle for a while as my husband and the munchkin were not really interested in those regular mundane sandwiches.
My mind was full of pending tasks for that day and this kitchen stuff already took a lot of time. Promptly, I remembered the promise I made to the munchkin that morning. She was asking for a cake and I planned to keep it ready before she returned home from the school. It was then I thought of using my sandwich grill. The tag on the grill claimed that it can do more than just lunches. Why not try a cake?
Without wasting a minute, I started preparing the cake batter with whatever limited ingredients I had in my kitchen that day.
Wow, the mini cakes came out to be so soft, spongy and yummie. Thank you Cuisinart for being my savior that day otherwise munchkin would have been really upset after a long day at school.
The super hug and a big kiss I received from her that evening brightened me up !!!
Now, you can make a cake without an oven. Isn’t it cool?
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter ( I used canola oil )
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs (skip it if making an eggless cake)
- 1 tsp. vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- Sieve flour and baking powder in a bowl, keep aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine butter and sugar. Beat till it becomes creamy.
- Add in eggs, one at a time, beating well ,add vanilla essence and beat again.
- Fold in flour mixture. Beat the mixture well to make a fluffy batter.
- Seperate out 4 tbsp batter and mix cocoa powder.
- Prepare Sandwich Maker by brushing both surfaces of the sandwich maker with cooking oil. Close and preheat for 2 minutes.
- Spoon in 2 tbsp of cake batter in each section and add 1 tbsp cocoa batter in the middle.
- Swirl it with a fork or a toothpick.
- Cover the lid and open it after 4 minutes. Check with a toothpick, if the toothpick comes out clean, it’s ready. If not, cook a minute or two longer, checking after every minute.
- Ready to serve.
Serve these mini cake bites over the tea and satiate your cake cravings in less than 15 mins. Eat healthy, exercise well and stay tuned !!!